Big Question: What is the Job of the President of the United States?
Skill: Main Idea and Details
Project: Operation Christmas Child
Constitution- the written set of fundamental principles by which the United States is governed Howling- giving a long, loud, mournful cry Humble- not proud; modest Politics- the work of the government or management of public business Responsibility- the act of taking care of someone or something Solemnly- done seriously, earnestly, and with dignity Vain - Having too much pride in your looks, abilities, or other qualities.
Goal: Today we will learn the definition of our new vocabulary words, and use our skill in context with our slueth books.
1. Write the vocabulary words in your journal, or type them in a document titled "So You Want to be President."
2. Practice your new vocabulary by using this link to Quizlet. (Learn the words first using the flashcards button. Then play scatter or space race.
4. Just Right Book
Goal: Today we practice using our vocabulary words by identifying all of the word elements that gives it meaning.
1. Complete your vocabulary graphic organizer
2. Re-read the beginning of the story "So You Want to be President." Try to find something that you didn't notice the first time you read the story. Tell me about it on this padlet.
3. Moby Max Stories
4. Just right book
Goal: Toady we will practice our vocabulary words by using them in our own context.
1. Respond to the questions on the "So You Want to be President" Discussion_
2. Watch the YouTube reading of "So You Want to be President" and listen for new information you have not caught yet. Write it on a sticky note to share with the class.
3. Read Theory
4. Just Right Book
Goal: Toady we will practice last week's skill (Fact and Opinion).
1. Complete the fact and opinion practice page (p. 102) -->turn into Reading Tray
2. Read Theory or Acuity Language Arts
3. Just Right Book
Goal: Today we will show mastery of our vocabulary words and the reading skill.
1. Reading Test
2. Moby Max Stories.