Scientific Method and Design Process
Lesson One: What do Scientists do?
Scientist - ask questions about the natural world
Science - is the study of the natural world
Observation - information collected by using the five senses
Investigation - a process conducted to answer questions
Hypothesis - an idea or explanation that can be tested with an investigation.
- Discuss "What do Scientists Do?" and draw yourself as a scientist.
- Vocabulary foldable notecards in your journals
- Watch the Scientific Method rap song
- Read and discuss "The Role of Scientists" and "Making Observations and Asking Questions"
- Read and discuss "Experiments" and "Other Kinds of Investigations."
- Glue down and color Scientific Method foldable
- Read and discuss "Results as Evidence"
- Complete foldable and quiz with a friend.
- Wonder Friday (Wonderopolis)
- Word Play Assignment P.15
- Grade Journals
- People in Science (P. 27-28)